Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Second Installment of Random Thoughts

It is currently 4:46 am and of course I can't sleep, so I am updating this blog.

I had my hair done a few days ago, and it is fabulous. A little bit of red, a little bit of cocoa, and a splash of sunny blonde. Y perfección.

My birthday/eye surgery is now a mere two weeks away, so I'll probably be assembling some kind of wish list soon. My god am I looking forward to the day I can snap these specs in half and run naked through the fields. Being as LASIK surgery removes some corneal tissue and all shame. Wait...I never had any shame anyway. Oh wells.

I have deleted somewhere around 100 photos of myself on facebook, mainly because I trashed the ones that featured my ex in a Sex & the City-esque clean sweep. I don't need that mess around me these days (seriously, eurgh), and I should have done this much earlier, but kinda forgot about it until I actually went through and discovered that *GASP* the pictures didn't vanish when they should have eight months ago! Who'da thunk that pictures have no kind of initiative. I need to get more proactive technology.

Soon it will be time to go computer shopping, which for me means finding the place with the best deal on a Macbook, since I have already cast my cards for one. I will be making a number of pricey purchases in a closely clustered period of time, because within the next month or so not only will I be buying the computer, but the BRAND SPANKING NEW AUTOMOBILE and my LASER EYE SURGERY as well.

As far as the car goes, I have my heart set on getting a manual. I know, I've driven two automatic cars in the past three years, but I think now the time is ripe for a stickshift. New Dave tried to teach me how the drive one the other night, and I have the theory down like a clown, but I need a teensy bit more practice than just driving to the Kangaroo and back (a five minute journey). I know I can do it (I know some real dumbfucks who drive stick, how hard can it be), but it will take more practice than I have been getting and I don't want to have to buy an automatic just because I couldn't find the time to practice driving stick. So, if you, reader, are the proud owner of a manual transmission vehicle, hook me up with some time in the driver's seat. I am 100% serious on this.

Been slacking on the workout regimen lately, and so have gained back some weight and am currently resting at an extremely unsatisfied 126. Definitely need to kick out at least fifteen pounds before summer's end, and preferably my original goal of 20. Also I need to start waking up before three pm so I can get in some good sun, as my prom tan has finally evaporated.

Blah blah blah. Your mom goes to college.

3 comments:

mrdudm said...

My mom actually doesn't go to college, but she once did.

caitlin said...

I dunno, a salmon of such ingenuity sounds quite irresistible.

ThePensive said...

LASIK? Oh I am jealous. :-)